Warriors

Over quarantine, I was digging through some of my old books and came across Warriors, a series that I was quite obsessed with when I was younger. Remembering how much I liked the series, I decided to pick up the books and start reading them.

Warriors is a fairly long series - that I believe is still going on - that follows four Clans of cats. Each Clan has their own unique name (ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, and WindClan) and traits that make them stand out. The entire series is split into little subsections (each about 6 books long) that follows a specific character in a certain era. It begins by following a kittypet or housecat called Rusty who is later quite an important character in the entire series.

I stopped reading Warriors around the time I entered middle school and while I was reading the books I had during quarantine, I don't think I would ever read them again. Although I do say the storyline is creative and the drama and romance is entertaining to read, I think that the story becomes quite boring. Personally, I prefer the older books because I think they are more interesting and that they were written better. The storyline for the newer books got weird (in my opinion) and the character's actions and missions began to seem trivial.

However, I can see why a younger audience would enjoy this series. To my younger self, the series was full of adventure and drama that had me on the edge of my seat. I wasn't able to put down the series back then and managed to get through a good chunk of the series within a month or so. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone in this grade as it would be childish to read now but if anyone has a younger sibiling in need of a book, I would suggest trying out this series.

Sarah Guo

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review. I have a younger cousin who has told me about this series and I didn't really know what it was about. It does sound like it might be a little childish but I see as well how a younger audience would enjoy it. I'm glad to be filled in, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also remember reading these books when I was younger. I think I only read the first set of 6 books following Rusty but I remember at the time I absolutely loved the series. This made me think about going back to read those first books, but although I haven't read them, I can see how the later books may become boring. Anyways, this was a great review and brought back some nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! I also used to love the Warriors series, and I still own a few books. I agree, it's not something I'd pick up anymore, but it's a great introduction for younger readers. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I was obsessed with this series when I was younger, and I agree with you that it's definitely suited more for a younger audience. I also thought that the older books were better than the newer ones they started to release, and after reading this post, I might go back and read a bit of the first books just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review! I have never read the Warriors series before but I can tell you really enjoyed them when you were younger. I can understand the idea that books you read as a younger child may not fit your interests and tastes today. I might just check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I haven't read the Warriors series, but I do remember them being extremely popular during elementary school. I also agree with what you said about how later installments in the series became simpler and more targeted towards the younger audience that is reading the book. I noticed this in several series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review. I read part of the Warriors series in elementary school and liked looking at the lists of the cats in the beginning and deciding which clan I was in, but I agree that the storyline gets a bit confusing in some of the later books. I like how your review gets straight to the point and says that the series is too childish to read now, but still great for a younger audience. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Books vs. Screenplays

Death and Texas - A Review of Stranger Than Fiction (screenplay)

Ranking Everything We Read This Year